Manning Uniting Church - Connecting, Gathering, Growing, Giving…
Manning Uniting Church is within the Manning Valley Project ministry development initiative.
Manning Uniting Church serves the communities of Taree, Cundletown, Old Bar and Tinonee. Office hours
are 9.30am to 1.00pm Tuesday to Friday. The church has a heavy emphasis on social justice.
Bookings: The church's main centre in the heart of Taree houses the church building, offices, an auditorium and meeting rooms. Most of these spaces are available for booking for meetings, training, conferences etc. Contact the office for bookings. The church building and auditorium have modern audio-visual facilities, including data projectors, DVD players, screens and sound system. These rooms, as well as the smaller rooms available for hire, all have air-conditioning.
PROOF OF COVID-19 IMMUNISATION
Manning UC is required under the public health order to have people produce proof of full vaccination between the 70% and 80% vaccination saturation as a condition of entry to the church and ministry centre buildings. The Covid-19 vaccination certificate either on your Smart Phone or in paper format needs to be shown on request if you are attending any groups and to the church official recording your name as you enter the building for worship on Sundays. To obtain this:
- If you have access to the internet go into your MyGov account then onto Medicare (make sure your Medicare account is linked to your MyGov account), then onto Proof of Vaccinations. There you can view and print your Covid-19 Digital Certificate or transfer a copy to your Smart Phone.
- If you don’t have access to the internet ring the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809. They will post proof of immunisation out to you.
A really good idea I heard on TV today to make your Covid19 Digital Certificate more accessible. If you have a copy of your certificate on your smartphone via the Medicare app, take a screen shot of it then use that as your wallpaper. Doing that, as soon as you open the phone it is visible.Vicki and I have done this and it looks good. You could get rid of it after Dec 1. - Chris Goodsell
COVID UPDATE - 7 October 2021
The 70% vaccination rate has now been met in NSW. The new access rules will take effect at this stage from Monday 11 October. Once 80% vaccination rate has been met those rules will ease for those attending worship.
Go to our WORSHIP page for links to access on-line worship and other ways to continue to practise and deepen your faith, if you choose not to attend in-person services for the time being.
The mainspring of our vision at Manning Uniting Church remains connecting.
- We ALL have a part to play in ensuring that we keep each other connected and in good spirits in this time of physical distancing. Let’s commit to calling someone from church (and beyond) each day – especially those on the ‘margins’.
- If you feel vulnerable out in the community and would like food or medical supplies delivered – or help in any way – please let us know.
If you're in need of pastoral support or prayer, please contact us.
The facility also houses the Red Dove Cafe, which is open to the public for breakfast, lunch and snacks from 9.30am to 2.15pm Tuesday to Friday.
Street Library: In the court between the cafe and the church is a street library, and there is also a library in the cafe. Anyone is welcome to take from and contribute to these libraries.
Emergency welfare services are available on Fridays between 9.30am and 12.30pm. The welfare table offers bread, vegetables, pies and pet food.
The Orange Sky Laundry operates outside Manning UC on Friday mornings from 10am - 12pm.
Here are ways in which we might be able to help:
- Food relief on Friday mornings from 9.30am - 12.30pm. No appointment necessary. Current income statement from Centrelink required.
- Friday table: Fresh vegetables and bread, and pies and pet food subject to availability from table in foyer on Friday mornings from 9.30am - 12.30pm.
- Shower and bathroom facilities during office hours Tuesday-Friday 9.30am - 1pm. Towels and toiletries can be provided.
- Orange Sky Laundry outside Manning UC: Friday mornings 10.00am - 12.00pm.
Coronavirus Guidance Notes
QR Codes and Church Entry
For those with mobile phones with the Service NSW App, please check in at the QR code placed near the entry door, as you do currently to enter clubs, cafes and other businesses. This electronically records you as having visited the premises and NSW Health will be able to get in contact if needed.
We remind you also that, because of COVID rules, entry to the Red Dove is by the outside door only and not from the foyer. You must register electronically, either by using your phone or having the staff register you.
Keep checking our Facebook page and website for the latest information.
Resources on how to handle this pandemic are available on the National Assembly and NSW/ACT Synod websites. See also relevant posts on Presbytery News and Synod News.
Manning is part of the Mid North Coast Presbytery - its website provides resources and further information about the Uniting Church in Australia.